Sunday 2 May 2010

Family Kingdom


I'd been to Family Park before on the 2006 trip and with the group only spending a couple of hours here I took the opportunity to relax a bit. Strange time to open, something to bear in mind if you're planning a trip here.


It wasn't too bad for what it is. A small bit of land on the main strip with a number of old rides on it.



"Why did you come here, the ride is crap" said the wheel operator when we told her we had come to ride Swamp Fox. She wasn't that wrong either, the ride had gotten noticeably worse since the last time I rode it. The banner proclaiming it had been the 8th best coaster had faded away too, perhaps a portent of things.

The best attraction in the park is probably the shooting dark ride, which had been added since my last visit.


Interesting registration plate. "I'm gonna hunt me one of them terrorists billybob!"

With the park completed we ended the night with a meal at Friendlys, their Fribble shakes are really good. The fronion burger was nice too. Worth waiting for (and you will be kept waiting)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction

My fourth club trip to the US with the European Coaster Club saw the trip starting in the Carolinas and ending in Toronto. My original plan ...